[pct-l] Brag

RJ Lewis karmagurl at rainierconnect.com
Sun Jan 6 02:22:34 CST 2008

I own the REI Kilo Plus -5 down bag. They changed them mid season last
year, and went from 700 fill down to 750+, and the weight dropped a bit
too on them. They didn't advertise this little fact, but I discovered it
when I needed to return a bag and get a longer bag. I came home, weighed
it, and discovered my new bag was lighter than the shorter bag was, and
the down fill was rated higher than the old bag!  It lofts higher too! I
call myself the original "freeze baby"- I definitely sleep cold- heck,
I'm always cold. I found this to be a most satisfactory sleeping bag, as
far as I have tested it so far- down into the low 20's F. I was in a
tshirt and panties, no socks, no liner in the bag, and slept toasty
warm. I was in a Henry Shire's Tarptent, and had left it wide open. I
was in heaven! :-)

My wonderful Xmas gift was a Gregory Jade 50 pack...couple a pounds
lighter than my other workhorse.....it has some nice features on it I
think I will enjoy. Let's see how this lighter pack works for me! Wish
me luck on my trend downwards!!!! ;-) 2 lbs subtracted from my total- a
big leap if ever there was one!

KG