[pct-l] Visas and passes?? (Josh 'the Brit' Henderson)

Tom Griffin griffin at u.washington.edu
Sat Jan 5 00:38:55 CST 2008

Here is what has worked for other non-U.S. citizens going southbound on
the PCT.

1, Enter the U.S. first before going to Canada, such as arriving in
Seattle.

2. Take the train, bus or rent a car and cross the border between the
U.S. and Canada at Blaine, Washington. You do NOT clear U.S. customs
when crossing the border, so the U.S. does NOT know that you have left
the country.

3. Clear Canadian customs at the border, proceed to Manning Park and
then cross the border southbound on foot.

4. As far as the U.S. is concerned, you have never left the country, so
you don't have to "report" to them that you have re-entered.

This is the easiest way to finesse the border crossing and has worked
for nationals from Australia, the UK and other countries. The key is to
enter the U.S. FIRST and then go to Canada.

Tom Griffin
Seattle
PCT Pages: http://home.comcast.net/~griffinte/pct.html