[pct-l] Slightly OT - GPS Waypoints for Sierra High Route?

jeffreyn jeffreyn at sonic.net
Fri Jan 4 10:26:17 CST 2008

Lon, how did you handle the battery power?  My GPS will go through a pair
of AAs in about two days of trail time, less of course if I use the
light.  The receiver really powers up and sucks those AAs when I'm beneath
a forest canopy.  I can imagine rotating three sets of batteries through a
solar charger (four in the charger and two in the receiver) mounted on the
outside of my pack, or I can imagine carrying a few pounds of AAs (not).
What's your secret?

Jeffrey