[pct-l] GPS Waypoints

Ralph Alcorn rbalcorn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 12:16:54 CST 2008

I've carried a GPS for 3 years now. I load the maps, but don't find them
very useful. The only time I normally use the GPS is near the end of the
day, when I turn it on to see exactly where we are in relation to possible
stopping points.

I carry a set of maps I print out from Topo, which have UTM coordinates, and
have the pct shown. I locate the utm reading from the gps on the map. The
main problem is that the pct track is several years old, originally from the
forest service, and sometimes doesn't match the trail.
--
Ralph Alcorn
http://www.backpack45.com/pct.html