[pct-l] Before there were water caches and Trail Angels

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 17:59:49 CST 2008

30 yrs ago I was almost 4 yrs old.  :D  Close to this time, I played in almost 3 ft of snow courtesy of a blizzard that hit Lil Rhody. I remember it being fun...

I suspect cache or no caches, trail angels or not, well marked trail or bushwhacking....we all will remember the beauty, the joy and the experience that is the Pacific Crest Trail.

We may all have differences in opinion concerning the trail, but we all love the trail and what it has done for us.

It has been almost six years since I walked the length of the PCT.

The AT gave me the desire to see more of this country.

The CDT showed me some of the most remote terrain and was perhaps the most intense of all the hikes I've done.

But the PCT is what confirmed my love of long distance backpacking and the desire to see more.

Six years from now, 30 yrs for now..or even anticipating doing the trail.  It is the trail, and our love for it,  that brings us together.

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com