[pct-l] water caches and bear feedings and related musings

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Wed Jan 2 12:51:12 CST 2008

Definitely not scientific, but anecdotal:  35 hikers camped in an area meant
for no more than six, reported by hikers in both '06 and '07.  In '05 or'06
there were complaints filed with the Cleveland NF by some camp hosts about
too many hikers overwhelming their campground.  My husband (aka Buzz Saw)
hiked A, B, and D last year.  He was very surprised to see how limited the
places to camp were in A & B, barely able to support two campsites.  I've
been hearing about vegetation trampling going on.  I would imagine that this
can be verified with empirical evidence by gathering data from the trail
registers compared to available campsites.

L-Rod