[pct-l] Hippy New Year

cvano at tmail.com cvano at tmail.com
Tue Jan 1 09:40:10 CST 2008

New Years Resolution Solution:  Wasn't '68 the Summer of Love? (I could
be wrong) 40 years ago.  Shouldn't there be some kind of reunion?  Free
love, free drugs (reason I could be wrong), music, free clinics, free
food, communes, creative expression, political reform, everybody wore
and gave away flowers.  Make love, not war.  Peace!

I could do all that (except the drugs) again...  I could do San
Francisco too.  It would take some work to take over Haight-Ashbury
again though.  Its in some decay now.

To make this somewhat hiking related, Golden Gate Park is only just down
the street where you can walk around all day, with or without a pack,
and see all manner of botanical wonders and feed the ducks, or just laze
about, or stealth camp, or have tea in the Japanese Garden, or get a row
boat, or make love in the glade or under a tree, or sing, or laugh, or
just be!

Wouldn't it be nice if everybody could just get along this year in
celebration?  Somebody give bin Laden a flower... and a joint....

It's not the Mountain that we conquer,
but Ourselves.  Anon.

Ol' Three Toes aka Chris
S/V Drifter ~~~_/)~~~