[pct-l] 2008 PCT thru hike Blisters

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Fri Feb 29 11:55:14 CST 2008

Phil,

All major Shoe companies make shoes for people that pronate, suponate and are neutral.  As I said in my earlier post, it is wise to work with a shoe professional to determine first, what you need, and second the appropriate model in different brands.

I have a neutral fit and the Brooks model that I use is designed for this.  Many of the insoles that thru-hikers rave about are not neutral insoles and can actually offset the design of the shoe.

I am glad that you and your wife have both found shoes that work for you.

Elevator

From: Phil Baily <pbaily at webuniverse.net>
All suggestions are good. However, they are just that. They are good for assessing wear and other things. However, fit is paramount. Whatever sounds good, try in the store along with your next couple of choices. You may be surprised how different shoes feel. A good sales person (as below) can get you quickly to the best choices for shoes or boots. However, not all sales people are good at that. After buying, wear your choice a lot before you start.

BTW, Brooks shoes are great for people who pronate, even a little. My wife loves them. They feel terrible on me. (I swear by ASICS. She can't wear them.)

Pieces