[pct-l] what to do about adz

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Thu Feb 28 17:45:53 CST 2008

The ATC also suggests alternate ways to hike the trail to help alleviate
impact and crowding.  They also hire ridge runners in busier  areas to help
explain LNT and to pack out the trash left behind in  shelters or abandoned gear
along the trail.  From my experience that's much  less of a problem on the PCT
where you have more experienced hikers.

What's ironic is that many hike southbound on the AT to avoid the crowds,
but AT southbound numbers are as nearly as many as the total number of PCT
northbound thru-hikers?

_http://tinyurl.com/32dmo7_ (http://tinyurl.com/32dmo7)

Since 2000, the peak year, AT numbers have been dwindling, but more and  more
are hiking the PCT.

In a message dated 2/28/2008 6:13:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,