[pct-l] herd stuff

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Wed Feb 27 11:02:54 CST 2008

To the best of my knowledge, the KO organizers send messages to points of
contact on the trail to let them know.  They’ve developed a list of “what
hikers buy” that they send to the stores.  I don’t know if they do this
every year, but they have in the past.

Your question about the drop-out rate is a good one, but can only be
answered anecdotally and not with empirical evidence because to date there
has been no analysis that I am aware of.  At a basic level, approximately
500 thru permits are issued, and 300 or so get to Agua Dulce.  There have
been approximately 80-100 finishers.

L-Rod

   _____