[pct-l] Time for the Annual "Why I Boycott the ADZ" Message

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Tue Feb 26 23:00:21 CST 2008

In a message dated 2/26/2008 11:48:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
meta474 at gmail.com writes:

Yes,  Sly, but you miss the point -- he yo-yo'd in that time. If you go half
as  fast, therefore, but still start in May, you will be  fine.

--------------------------------

No, I don't miss the point.

This will be my 2nd PCT hike and my 6th attempted thru-hike. I've laid out
my plans and pace that I'm comfortable with.  I know the weather in  southern
California, I know what it's like hiking over snow in the  Sierras.  I know
what it takes be to get to Canada in approximately 5  months.  I know what works
for me.

The perceived problem (I'm not convinced there is one) isn't the KO, it's
the increased number of hikers attempting the PCT as a thru-hike.

Sly

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)