[pct-l] 2008 PCT thru hike Blisters

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Tue Feb 26 10:14:07 CST 2008

On Feb 25, 2008, at 5:21 PM, chris probst wrote:

> hi my name is chris probst and I am curious as the best way to go
> about not getting blisters. I am planning on thru hiking the pct
> this year starting in Campo on the first week of may. any tips
> would be greatly appreciated!

Lots of good suggestions already but here are mine anyway:

- take off socks and shoes at every break
- alternate socks at every break
- apply GoldBond foot power at every break
- apply Body Glide on any hot spot or problem area at every break

Body Glide is available at most sporting good stores and outfitters
and comes in a "deodorant stick" type of packaging.

I've found Body Glide to be invaluable at dealing with
hot spots on the feet as well as chafing in any other areas.

Having the right pair of shoes will of course help, but I found
that how you tie your shoe also makes a big difference.  Experiment
with different methods.  Here is an interesting link I just found:
<http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-267--12334-0,00.html>
A little more googling will give you lots of info.

Radar