[pct-l] ADZ Vendors

bighummel at aol.com bighummel at aol.com
Mon Feb 25 17:44:05 CST 2008

The ADZ vendors, such as Leki and A16 and ULA and Six Moons, etc. are invited due to their products being within the focus of the event and potentially offering some good advice, service and/or product to the aspiring hiker.?? Leki, for example, has fixed and cleaned numerous hiker's trekking poles over the past couple years at the event.? A16 has brought last minute items and items that cannot be taken on board an aircraft. Sure, there are not likely to be many aspiring hikers who show up ready to hike without a pack or tent.? But should their choice of these fail within a hike, then they are much more likely to be in a better position to make an informed decision later on, having reviewed the products offered at the ADZ.? This is not to say that there are not numerous other avenues to gain to insite and education.?

We, the organizers of the event, have gone to extremes to make certain that the event does NOT become a vendor faire, despite intense pressure from numerous vendors, who we have had to politely turn away.??

We hope to see you there and looking forward to another great, low-key event, our 10th!!!!

Greg "Strider" Hummel
ADZPCTKO Coordinator