[pct-l] Chocolate in desert?

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 14:20:53 CST 2008

Inline...

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 4:02 PM, <joel01 at ekit.com> wrote:

> There used to be something on the market called, Tropical Chocolate.
> it was originally made for military use. It won't fool you for a
> high quality chocolate. Personally it reminded me of the chocolate

 Mmmm...Tropical<http://www.hersheyarchives.com/Default.aspx?Page=TropicalBar>
 Chocolate <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_chocolate>.
We bought 'em by the case before our '77 PCT hike. All the backpacking
stores carried them at the time, but I think they're no more. Kind of chalky
(especially after they've been melted and/or stored for six months) and not
particularly flavorful.

> If you do go for normal chocolate expect a meltdown, and have a
> spoon or something ready to scrape it off the wrapper.

Spoon? Why do you think god gave you a tongue?!