[pct-l] Chocolate in desert?

joel01 at ekit.com joel01 at ekit.com
Fri Feb 22 18:02:32 CST 2008

There used to be something on the market called, Tropical Chocolate.
it was originally made for military use. It won't fool you for a
high quality chocolate. Personally it reminded me of the chocolate
description in the book "1984". If that's not available, there are
some recipes for that kind of thing out on the web.

When I did the PCT in 2007 I avoided chocolate bars until I went to
higher, cooler altitudes. Since I was eating pop-tarts in the
morning (often chocolate) it gave me a bit of chocolate fix. They
would melt (in the foil) during the day but I ate them in the
morning so they had a chance to solidify a bit.

If you do go for normal chocolate expect a meltdown, and have a
spoon or something ready to scrape it off the wrapper.

It was then I knew I'd had enough,
Burned my credit card for fuel
Headed out to where the pavement turns to sand - Neil Young