[pct-l] hiking sandals? - Not Keen

Jim Keener lists at oldmanwalking.net
Fri Feb 22 10:12:59 CST 2008

Hi,

I wore a pair of the original Keen sandals for 300 miles of testing in
the San Francisco Bay Area before beginning hiking in 2004. And they
worked well on local trails. In southern California, the story was
different. The bottoms of my feet were covered in blisters. I was
taking up to 20 Advil a day in order to make it to Big Bear where I
had a pair of New Balance 905s waiting for me. Two others I know of
had similar problems. They're great shoes, and I wear them today, but
not for hiking.

Jim Keener ( J J )
http://oldmanwalking.net