[pct-l] Camp shoes

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Fri Feb 22 09:54:15 CST 2008

When hikers are here at Hiker Heaven for several days, they often wear Crocs
(or whatever other "camp" footwear they've brought) for the duration, or the
loaner sandals we provide.  It seems they are very anxious to get out of the
shoes they've been hiking in to give their feet a break -- especially if
those shoes have been giving them blisters or other issues.

Personally, I hike in Chacos, which negates the need for any additional pair
of lounging shoes.  They are all purpose, rugged, and extremely comfortable.
They are especially good for fording (they don't slip or float like Crocs
do), and work just fine on snow, too.  I found them to be ideal in the
Sierras when large parts trail were submersed.

L-Rod