[pct-l] Western Mountaineering

Jim Keener lists at oldmanwalking.net
Tue Feb 19 18:01:12 CST 2008

Hi Len,

I like Western Mountaineering and their bags. Have for years. And I
want accurate information. I understand your frustration about the bag
and its advertised weight. Feathered Friends makes what I consider a
custom bag. You might want to contact them. But it takes time - two
months in 2004. I did not like the head opening on the FF bag and that
is one of the reasons I am getting the WM one. No compromises on the
bag for me. And I am counting partial ounces, too. I got a
gossamergear Miniposa in the mail today. Fine. I saw the tiny box and
thought, "That cannot be the pack. It must be the pad they send along
with it. Very light, though I have not weighed it yet. Let's see if
Glen Van Van Peski is accurate. It is a beautiful pack.

Good luck with your decision.

Jim Keener ( J J )
http://oldmanwalking.net