[pct-l] Nervous About My Thru!

Philip Carcia enkyla at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 14:03:27 CST 2008

Hey All -

I'm slowly but surely gearing up for my Thru-Hike on
the PCT this Spring. I can't believe my start date is
just over two months away.

To be honest - I'm bursting with excitement to get out
there and hike, but I'm also a bit nervous. I'm 23,
been hiking for 6 years. I recently end-to-end hiked
the Long Trail this past summer no problem. Still -
being from Massachusetts, the idea of traveling cross
country by myself and taking this thing on can get a
bit scary at times, haha.

I do plan on attending the ADZPCTKO, and I'm hoping
I'll meet some people to start off hiking with.

Anybody out there got any advice to calm the nerves?

Thanks!

-pc-