[pct-l] Campo-Warner Springs 1st time

jmhayden1 at cox.net jmhayden1 at cox.net
Thu Feb 14 12:22:56 CST 2008

Hello everybody,

I'm new to the list -thanks in advanced for all the information!

I've taken three backpack trips in my life and all were done with very experienced people. I plan on doing my first solo trip from Campo to Indian Flats Campground (just north of Warner Springs) during the last week of March. If anyone has done this portion of the PCT I would appeciate any tips.  How is getting water?

I'm going to use the Pacific Crest Trail Map - Mexico to Big Bear for navigation. Is this a good idea? any other map suggestions?

I've been taking long hikes and walks 3-5 days a week. I've got huge callouses forming on the bottom of my feet -so far there hasn't been much pain.

Jason