[pct-l] Adding Weight to Pack for Training

Jim Keener lists at oldmanwalking.net
Sun Feb 10 23:21:34 CST 2008

Greetings,

I added two five pound dumbbells to my pack for my last five day
hikes. I hike 6-12 miles, four or five days a week. A result, which
should have come as no surprise - yet did - was my amazement about how
much harder it is to move that extra ten pounds. My elevation gain on
these hikes ranges from 1,400 to 2,000. And I can tell the difference
at the end of the hike. It has renewed my resolve to lessen pack (and
body) weight.

Jim Keener ( J J )
http://oldmanwalking.net