[pct-l] Oregon in September

Kurt Herzog kpherzog at terragon.com
Sun Feb 10 12:35:17 CST 2008

Ollen asks:

>>lemon/eucalyptus-based repellents and their
>>effectiveness<<
They make you smell nice & are not as messy, but
totally worthless as far as an effective
repellent.  Nothing beats DEET.

>>bugs across the Beaver State in September?
Generally not a problem after August.  Minimal
repellent is all you would need in most cases.
Some low-lying areas (like Sky Lakes Wilderness)
may still have a few mosquitos, but not at the
head-net level.  I would carry some sort of
protection for sleeping, say a mosquito bar or
very light tent that could double to keep the rain
off.

Kurt P. Herzog
Grants Pass, Oregon