[pct-l] M&M's and Hiker Heaven

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Feb 10 05:02:37 CST 2008

Unsupported JMT Reinhold writes: Switchback, There won't be any M & M  left
by the  KO.........Donna will eat them all.....trust me.  You should have
brought  them to me, I am recovering from knee surgery and they would have been
good  medicine.
-----------------------------------
Switchback replies: You might be right.  By the time the hikers  start to
arrive at Hiker Heaven in April through early July, they could be long  gone.  By
the way, they mentioned to me that they get about 300 hikers per  year there.

When the April Kickoff surge comes through, they might be  hosting 60 hikers.
 I told BuzzSaw that was a lot of the total of  300.  Interestingly, the
hikers do their own thing and keep busy  with resupply duties, etc.  They are very
appreciative of the rest stop,  but they are all business.  They have been on
the trail for a while and are  professionals by this point, IMHO.

Another interesting thing, is they keep foam at Hiker Heaven, so hikers can
make my World Famous Ultra Light Handsfree Umbrella Holder.  That made me
feel kind of cool.  Of course, at Kennedy Meadows you will see them in the
Hiker's Box.  If it was me I would use an umbrella for the whole trip  for
radiation/hydration protection, but HYOH.

48)