[pct-l] Shelter in Washington

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Fri Feb 8 10:41:38 CST 2008

Good morning, JJ,

I will second Warner Springs Monte's comments, except I used an
off-the-charts-heavy 11 oz. poncho/tarp.  At the time I didn't have hiking
poles with me so I provided somewhat longer tie-strings and used whatever
local sticks I could pick up for pitching.  I pitched the tarp every night
I encountered substantial, but intermittent, rain for a few days west of
Glacier Peak .... that was on the old route before the big wash-out .... but
I stayed dry.  Often there was frost in the morning, but I don't remember
more than about 2" of soft, fluffy snow.  Using a tarp worked well for me,
and I would do so again.

Steel-Eye