[pct-l] News about Acorn Trailhead, Wrightwood

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Thu Feb 7 21:50:34 CST 2008

I have some good news about this location.
In past years many people have had very negative encounters with a woman
who lived next to this trailhead.  Her name was Audrey and she was so
notorious for conflicts with hikers that the ranger issuing our permit
actually warned us about her.  When we pulled up in our llama mobile and
offloaded our llamas she came out and started screaming at us.  We told
her we were shuttling the van to the other end of the trail, not parking
there.  Then her son came out and started yelling at us.  This was
several years ago.  I am sure others on this list have had similar
encounters with her.  The ranger told us she has actually turned the
hose on hikers.
Here is the good news.  I work with a person who bought the property
adjacent to her.  One day Audrey got very angry with my co-worker and
cut down several trees on the co-workers property.  So the co-worker
sued her, and Audrey moved away!!!
So, no more worries about that location.
Marion