[pct-l] Bear Canister "required" areas on PCT in the Sierra...

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Sun Feb 3 00:04:10 CST 2008

Whoa, whoa, whoa,

		Who said there were too many bears? Who said they aren't
sustainable on the available (natural) resources? Aren't they just
curious about the smells we give off and then find we've got better
snacks they they do? I for one do not advocate a bear cull to make it
easier for hikers to go through the sierras. Carry a canister, take
no food, sleep at bear-boxes, I don't mind. But please don't shoot
the bears so we can encroach on them more.

~Craig