[pct-l] Esbit fuel & alohol

Bill Batchelor billbatch at cox.net
Sat Feb 2 11:55:19 CST 2008

Last year I mailed Esbit using the "don't ask don't tell" policy.   I had it
in my bounce box.  After reading and re-reading post office guides... I
could not determine if these little solid tabs would be considered a
problem.  Liquid fuels are a definite "no".   Other items get more grey.
Asking an employee is useless.  They always error on the side of 'not
getting in trouble' - like asking a ranger if there is water in the back
country.   For example, ask the post office employee if you can ship highly
flammable petroleum based sheets and they will say hell no.  Ask them if you
can ship 100% polyester clothing and they will say yes.  It is the same
thing.

Anyway, I just opted to mail them using what I thought was sound judgment.
I never had a problem.

PG

  _____