[pct-l] MTR Resupply

William A. Chavez wctrekker at dslextreme.com
Wed Dec 24 19:33:47 CST 2008

Just a little tid bit (since people were discussing resupply).  A few
years back (4 perhaps) my son and I resupplied at MTR while doing the
JMT.  When we got there our package hadn't arrived but that is
another story.  I had diligently packed our 5 gal bucket to MTR's
specifications, which was to make it easier for a horse or mule that
was going to carry it to the resort.  As we waited we heard off in
the distance the whining of some motorized vehicle approaching.  Upon
arrival the vehicle was a 4x4 WWII vintage military type Mercedes
whatchamacallit truck.  The thing didn't look like it was related to
a horse or a mule.  The people at MTR were nice.  Our bucket was on
the "truck."  We packed up and continued on our trek (the JMT).

Bill
soon to be apart of the class of '09