[pct-l] Electric Transmission line in vicinity of Green Valley

Bruce Harvey bharve at dslextreme.com
Fri Dec 19 21:53:14 CST 2008

On Dec 19, 2008, at 12:37 PM, Donna Saufley wrote:

> I received in this week's mail a newsletter from the Barren Ridge
> Renewable
> Transmission Project www.ladwp.com/barrenridge , detailing the
> plans for new
> transmission lines through what appears to be on the (very poor)
> map as just
> north of Green Valley.  This will be another one that will undoubtedly
> impact the PCT.  They're putting up the towers and lines for this
> one now;
> they have a massive yard for all of the heavy equipment on Bouquet
> Canyon
> west of Vasquez Canyon Road.
>
> L-Rod

The map is fairly good if one zooms in several times (use control+ on
a pc, command+ on a mac).  Then scroll horizontally and vertically.
The map even shows a finely dashed red line for the PCT, from close
to Sierra Hwy in vicinity of Agua Dulce all the way north almost to
Oak Creek.   Neither Green Valley nor San Francisquito Cyn Rd. are
identified on the map, but crossing of the PCT does appear to be in
vicinity of Green Valley.