[pct-l] PCT ATLAS, GUIDEBOOKS, YOGI'S BOOK, and DATA BOOK...

Phil Baily pbaily at webuniverse.net
Wed Dec 17 17:44:31 CST 2008

My experience with the data book is that it is accurate (and in agreement
with the guidebooks), and I have walked just over half of the trail.
However, there are points up and down between the points in the data book.
If I also have a topo map with me, I can see all the ups and downs and have
a better idea what kind of hills I should look forward to.

I hope this clarifies the situation for new PCT hikers,

Pieces