[pct-l] resupply boxes

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Wed Dec 17 15:22:28 CST 2008

There's a lot of room for options in this area and personal preferences on
how much and what  is being sent, but I'd comfortably say that a 12" x 12" x
24" box would be large enough but not too large.  Some folks need one for
their resupply and one for their bounce.  Lots of folks are using buckets or
tool chests for bounce boxes since they're more durable than cardboard.
Other use the postal flat rate boxes, sometimes using two or three (or more)
to get everything they want delivered.  Depending on where you're sending
from and how much the packages weigh, flat rate priority mail boxes are
often the cheapest and most reliable way to send things.  Priority mail can
be forwarded if unopened without paying additional postage which is often
done.   I'd recommend filling one box with what you anticipate mailing so
that the poundage is about right, then weigh the box and go to www.usps.com
to look at prices for mailing.   This may help you decide whether you use
the flat rates or some other type of box.

Just remember - never, ever, ever, send parcel post if you're depending on
what you're sending to be there when you arrive.

L-Rod

p.s.  I thought this might be helpful to others so I am responding to
include the pct-l.