[pct-l] Hiking Sandals

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Wed Dec 10 10:59:51 CST 2008

The Keen "Arroyo" (formerly "Taos") has a more aggressive 'multi-directional' tread...
See at <http://www.rei.com/product/748162>...  Keen's website doesn't show the tread!
I only have the "Newport H2", and you are correct about many Keen models not having "grippy tread"...

I'm sure L-Rod will chime in later as she, as patti also stated, loves her Chacos and hikes in them quite often...
I recall this came up 'recently' on pct-l, too...  See <http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/>...
Or sort by "Author" and look at posts from 'Donna Saufley' and glance at the subject - I know she posted about her Chacos fairly recently (but I'm 'older' and time is a relative "blur"!)...

Happy trails!!!
Jim / PITA