[pct-l] Wild Oasis - DuoMid

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Tue Dec 9 08:03:40 CST 2008

Hi Listers,

I am looking into reducing my base weight.  Does anyone have any experience
with a Six Moon Designs Wild Oasis?  Looks like a good compromise between a
tarp and a tent, such as a The One.  The 13 oz weight w/o floor intrigues
me.  Would fit very well in a ULA Conduit.  The intended use would be
anywhere on the PCT and the Arizona Trail.

Tom
The Incredible Bulk
~~
I checked one out at the KO for the same reasons as you. I'm shorter than
you and it felt cramped for me if caught in a storm. Check out the Mtn
Laurel Designs Duo Mid. Only 15oz and with much more room to live in. It's
on my list for my 2009 hikes. Brian Of ULA carried one on his Idaho
Centennial Trail hike this year. Both SMD, ULA and MLD have much to offer
the PCT hikers.
http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=105&osCsid=ef25193f3023bbdd6042fff189efbebf