[pct-l] Backpacks--Six Moons Essence v ULA Conduit

Laura Fox laura_fox at alum.swarthmore.edu
Mon Dec 8 23:18:26 CST 2008

I loved my ULA Conduit during the latter half of my 2008 thru-hike, but I
didn't carry it through the Sierras and I don't think there was any way it
could have handled the big bear canister I carried through there (which I
carried in a Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus, which was not such a great idea
either, but at least there was enough space...).  If you're planning for a
thru-hike though some people switched out packs just for a couple weeks
through the Sierras and that seemed to work well for them.  Guess not
wanting to spend extra $$$ would be the only reason to carry a bigger pack
than you need for 3+ months just because there's a couple weeks in there
where you'll need the extra room... but if you already have a Catalyst you
could just use that...

Truant

Message: 1