[pct-l] What are Trail Angels?

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Sun Dec 7 02:17:24 CST 2008

Hi there. Roseanne Roseannadanna here.

> Can someone tell me what a trail angel is?

A trail angle is a sharp turn in the trail, also known as a switchback (but NOT to be confused with Switchback, the trail pirate).

> What do they do and why?

It allows the trail to not be too steep, having a more gentle and easier to hike gradient.

> How should I approach a trail angel?

One should slow down and prepare to firmly plant a foot to make the turn at a sharp angle......................... What?  Angel?
Oh!  Trail ANGEL - well that's something entirely different.

Never mind.

(Sorry, my apologies - but I couldn't resist.  The devil made me do it, Lord; I'll try to be good from now on.)