[pct-l] a FAQ

David Plotnikoff david at emeraldlake.com
Fri Dec 5 20:06:20 CST 2008

Hello from a long-time list lurker.

I don't believe a FAQ (or any document) could replace the dynamic
give and take here on PCT-l. But I DO believe that such a FAQ is a
very desirable item -- as a starting point so newcomers can have a
baseline of knowledge and then become better contributors to our
community discussion.

I believe that whatever the process and software, the FAQ writing
process should be based on community memory as well as outside source
material. IE: frequently look back on archived discussions here over
the years. The archives have value and they're frequently overlooked.

I am against a Wiki structure for the same reason some other folks
are: Without credibility and credentials, any bozo can come in and
hose a Wiki entry. There are better ways to do this.

I hope the editing team is a good one -- particularly at building
consensus. You don't have to agree on any of the issues. You just
have to agree to treat the different positions in an evenhanded
manner.

David Plotnikoff