[pct-l] handling the cold, etc.

Bob BobandShell97 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 3 22:11:14 CST 2008

Piper wrote:

".No matter what happens you'll be ok.  That you can handle the cold, the
rain, the heat, the ants,.    It's like you learn the difference between
discomfort and true danger."

Makes me think of:

AThe next morning I found my pants frozen stiff and inside out. It took an
hour to turn them right side out and to screw up enough courage to get into
them. By then the sun was glistening on a smattering of new snow and
hoar-frosted pines. It was there I learned that the time interval between a
totally miserable situation and one of euphoric elation could be very short.
It has happened so many times and is a comforting thought to have when
things look bleak.@

 -    Karl Ellingson,  2500-Mile Walk, An Oldtimer on the Pacific Crest
Trail.

Karl was a one-armed gentleman who hiked the whole trail in the late 1970's
at age 60.

Dr Bob