[pct-l] Hiking in Peru

Vic Hanson vichansonperu at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 10:28:10 CST 2008

I just finished a great 5 day backpacking trip with Smiley (also PCT 2006). We hiked from Cachora (between Cusco and Abancay) to Choquequirao (ruins similar to but smaller than Machu Picchu) and then on to Machu Picchu. We had lots and lots of elevation gain and loss, simple herder trails, Inca Trails, high and dry, hot jungle, very few people and fabulous views of 6000 meter snow capped peaks that are rarely climbed. We were drooling for hours!

The week before we had climbed 4 mountains (one an active volcano - Ubinas), and 2 others with sand covered glaciers (one without crampons or ice axe as we didn't see the glacier under the sand) and attemped a 5th but ran out of time due to a long approach.

I'll be posting trip reports on summitpost.org, will let you know when that is done.

Sugar Daddy

Interested in a South American Adventure? I have started an Adventure Travel Business in Peru.
http://www.adventurecotahuasi.com

Have a look at my blog to see photos and stories of ministry and other activities I am involved in here.
http://vichanson.spaces.live.com/

Check out the stories of my adventures in Peru and other places:
http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Vic_Hanson