[pct-l] CA Section C - PCT Reopened

Sly slyatpct at aol.com
Tue Aug 12 20:11:09 CDT 2008

That's cool I think most of the hikers this year took the closed section
anyway.  Some of the reasons being, a part of it was open to day hikers,
the alternate had no posted water sources, no posted length and the
roads involved didn't connect on the guidebook maps.

To be honest, I followed the trail until I was out of the closed area
and thought it was one of the better sections of trail up to that
point.  Freshly groomed, no blow downs, plenty of water and despite
being burnt, really scenic.

Sly