[pct-l] Adam Bradley...(Monstro, Listo)...still on PCT at record pace?

taterno at cox.net taterno at cox.net
Tue Aug 5 13:33:44 CDT 2008

I don't know who the guy was in Gadget's journals.  I just read Truant's postholer tj, and she did 51 miles in a day, all during daylight hours.  We should rename her "Iron Woman."

The Incredible Bulk

---- Reinhold Metzger <reinholdmetzger at cox.net> wrote:

=============
Yes, it is very easy to mistake contaminated water for good water...it
has happened to the best of them.
Shelly, do you know who that 50 mile days thru- hiker-runner is, that
''Gadget'' is referring to as ''Show-off''
in his Aug. 2-3 Journal on postholer and if he is aiming for a record,
or when he started?
This extreme record hiking is so exiting......gets me all fired up....it
ignites the JMT Fever.

JMT Reinhold

Shelly Culbertson wrote:
> Hi Reinhold,
>
> Adam uses a Steripen, selectively, and so we suppose that at some
> water source he just made the wrong decision (i.e., not to use it).
> Thanks for your faith in him!  I too hope that he'll go out and
> accomplish other fast hikes (records, perhaps?) in the future.
>
> Shelly