[pct-l] Moleskin Sticking Problem

Diane.Lefevre at CH2M.com Diane.Lefevre at CH2M.com
Sun Aug 3 10:34:24 CDT 2008

I use moleskin, but always tape it down with athletic tape, and I usually have to loop the athletic tape all the way around to get it to stay put.  It's particularly difficult for heel blisters, as I end up with tape all the way around my ankle (which can bind if it's not done just right).  This Omnifix sounds like a good solution.  Good luck! Diane

-----Original Message-----
From: pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net [mailto:pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Richard Thalhammer
Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2008 10:46 AM
To: pct-l at backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Moleskin Sticking Problem

I've had excellent results (and my family, too) with Omnifix, a very soft tape from Hartman, which I use over the top of whatever anti- blister padding I'm putting on.  The tape, being very flexible, fits around toes, etc., and sticks quite well without being difficult to take off when you want.  I don't use moleskin, but something similar, as padding for hot spots, and the Omnifix as a cover.  If I need to cover a blister, I use Spenco material, again, covered in Omnifix.
The tape is the best I've ever found, sticking through wet streams, a shower, or whatever, and is hypoallergenic.

Richard Thalhammer
rickt at macnexus.org