[pct-l] CA-OR border

Suzannah Swinehart suz_quz at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 28 20:02:51 CDT 2008

Zeke,

My apologies for replying so late. The
PCT-L booted me off for some reason so I just now got caught up on your
email.

I would be open to providing some shuttle service if
your friends decide to hike in the central to southern part of our
state. I live in Eugene, which has both airport and Amtrak
accessibility. As long as it's not while I'm on this year's section of
the trail (or hanging out with Firefly) I should be around.

Actually,
we're doing the Fish Lake - McKenzie Pass section this year, which
includes Crater Lake. It will take us through Sky Lakes and Mt Thielsen
wildernesses. I'm not sure how others weigh in on this as one of the best
stretches of Oregon, but I will say that we were AMAZED last year
hiking Oregon's A and B sections...after reading the Schaeffer
guidebook's quote of "one of the least scenic parts of the PCT" or
something to that effect. It was beautiful.

If your friends time it well enough, they might be able to hitch with us
at least one way. (Only problem is that we haven't figured it out for
ourselves yet, either :) )

Chipmunk