[pct-l] Hiker death near Antsell Rock

Bill Batchelor billbatch at cox.net
Thu Apr 24 19:20:55 CDT 2008

Zen saying, "Reality is what continues even when you cease to believe it."
I ceased to believe death was a tragedy long ago - partly through Buddhism,
partly through mysticism, partly through mediation on the illusion of self.
So I apologize if my humor landed with an extra thump.  I am very aware that
I have some perspectives that diverged from the main stream quite a distance
back.  It might be well to remember that our interpretations of others tells
us much more about ourselves than it tells us about the other person.  That
goes for me too - of course.

For the record, file under "just in case".  If I die on the trail, I would
prefer you not call it a tragedy.  If I die in my car on the way to the
trail, that you can call a tragedy.

Mystic Pink Gumby