[pct-l] Memorial Day and Hiker Heaven

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Apr 24 11:03:57 CDT 2008

L-Rod writes: Memorial Day weekend will be the peak, unless we get some
late season snow storms that slow them down.  Whether it turns out to be
the absolute peak or not, we'll be hopping that weekend.  We'll do a BBQ and
would love your help with that -- thank you!!

Switchback replies: I am at Warner Springs Resort and having copious amounts of fun.
We had a big dinner last night in the dinning room.  Sly, Alice, Warner Springs Monte
and his sister, Wheeew, and more were at our table --- about 20 in all showed up.
I had my Billy Goat/L-Rod tee-shirt on.  It is a big hit.  Everyone seems to be
ready to sign the L-Rod poster at the Kickoff.  This will be a big motivator for
hikers to make it to Hiker Heaven and not drop out.  Buy lots of supplies for the BBQ
and practice your hopping --- your pal, Switchback.