[pct-l] Fw: thus behaving badly

Wes wb104475 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 19 15:09:31 CDT 2008

I noticed that none of the advice and lecturing managed to make its way onto

Wheew's Trail Journal Guest book, just lots of recommendations on the PCT-L

that "someone" take her aside at the AZD and inform her of her violation.

C'mon, the woman had a bad day and got ticked off due to a broken promise.

Certainly understandable.  Her response was not without provocation.

I laughed out loud at the initial complaint and sermon on LNT principles resulting

from the "muffin frisbee" incident.  Each of us uses the great outdoors as our

own toilet, but we're going to condemn a hiker for tossing a few ounces of bread

into the desert? Or somehow, by leaving a muffin in the Mojave desert, bears will

be shot?  Perhaps this is a simple case of using hyperbole to make a point.

Wes