[pct-l] Hikertown Guests of 2008

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 14:05:48 CDT 2008

I'm with T.C.,
And, I also agree with his comments re the really special hiker from 2006.
That hiker didn't deserve what happened, and because I've seen the damage
such attacks can do, I will withhold judgment regarding the actions of the
person involved here.  She is welcome at the Heitman's Hideaway, pooch and
all.  I will say that while I can't find the Hikertown side of what happened
there, and have only read the T/J entry.  From that, I'd say that it's
probably pretty disappointing under any circumstances, to find someplace
where you had felt you were going to be welcomed, suddenly closed with no
warning.  I also agree that having to leave to the immediate area without
sitting down and sorting  things out probably wasn't necessary.  Beyond
that, I see no reason to make further comments re this young lady.
My opinion.....we all have a responsibility to the Trail, and to it's state
of well-being.  Let's all start by policing ourselves, then those around us
and by keeping this kind of backstabbing out of their journals/
blogs/posts/etc.
Thank you.....
FireFly