[pct-l] prepping for my first hike

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Fri Apr 18 12:58:43 CDT 2008

"The biggest problem i have so far is that i find the Wilderness Press PCT guide book by Jeffery Schaffer to be nearly unreadable"

I am surprised this has not come up sooner. About 8 years ago I hiked 36 miles of the pct through the sky lake wilderness area. The guide book for that area, could only be deciphered by a linguist fluent in cartography; certainly not by me.  Interesting it's only or that seems to be a challenge; different author. Bear in mind I only have the 1990 edition.

are we there yet