[pct-l] send out bounce bucket

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Thu Apr 17 09:59:43 CDT 2008

Mark Nawotka wrote:
> hello all ye helpful folks, question: when should i send out my
> bounce bucket from Chicago if wish to receive it at mount laguna may
> 11th/12th?

Nobody has answered on the list, so I'll take a crack at this.

The best place to get an answer to that question is the USPS.

Traditional wisdom says that resupplies should be mailed two weeks
before you expect to pick them up. If I send a package Priority Mail
from here (Salt Lake City), the USPS says it will be in Mount Laguna in
two days.

Mount Laguna gets bombarded with resupply packages. Sending earlier
gives you more assurance that your package will be there. Sending later
gives Mount Laguna fewer packages to deal with all at once.

The correct answer to your question is somewhere between the traditional
2 week answer and the answer the USPS gives you.

I did a quick check on USPS.gov. They say it will take two days for a
Priority Mail package to get from Chicago to Mount Laguna. Add a few
days to that, but don't mail more than two weeks ahead.