[pct-l] Digital Cameras

Daniel Bailey greenhiker at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 10:41:47 CDT 2008

Aussie Dave,

I'm pretty happy with the Nikon P60, which is an updated version of the
Nikon P50.

It takes AA batteries, shoots up to 8.1 megapixels, has 5x optical zoom and
a viewfinder in addition to the LCD.  Viewfinders are becoming rare these
days;  I prefer them in the bright sun when the LCD can appear washed out.

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/content/Nikon-CoolPix-P60-First-Impressions-Review-17670/Design--Layout.htm

or if that link breaks due to line wrapping, try http://tinyurl.com/47fbk7

It can easily be found for $200 USD, though I'm not sure how much you'd find
it for in your neck of the woods.

Be well,

Senator
http://www.trailjournals.com/senator

Aussie Dave wrote:

What is the latest in non SLR Digital Cameras for PCT Hikers?
Lightweight, AA batteries, at least 4 MPixels, ease of use, good
zoom, sturdy, inexpensive
Is there such a camera?
Aussie Dave
Canberra Australia