[pct-l] Section C water report

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Mon Apr 14 20:33:52 CDT 2008

This weekend we hiked from the northern end of the fire closure at 3n16
to Splinters trailhead, and there was water available nearly all the
way.  Holcomb Creek is running deep, wide, and strong, as is Hook Creek
and Deep Creek.  Several seasonal creeks crossed the trail, running a
little to a lot. A pipe spring was trickling, and some little creeklets
contained small pools.  We removed all the log obstructions from this
part of the trail, so it is clear until the next tree falls! In the burn
area, they are falling all the time.
FYI Holcomb Crossing trail camp did not burn, so it is still a lovely
place.  Bench Camp is also intact.
About half of this micro-section is burned, so it has little shade.  The
other half is still intact and lovely.
Marion